This Privacy Notice explains the personal data Daily Eco collect about you when you interact with us. It also describes the various ways you may interact with us and how we will use, store and handle your data, and how to the utmost we keep it safe. Online privacy is important to us.
Our objective here is to explain all about how we use the data we collect from you and how you can check it, modify it, and delete it if you wish. This Privacy Notice will be updated from time to time with the latest version available on our website. If you have any questions relating to this Notice, please do not hesitate to contact us.
2. Who are Daily Eco?
Daily Eco is a company created in 2020 by Ariane Pearson for the purposes of selling ecological products whilst using eco practices to members of the public in Wiltshire and in some parts of Somerset. All our sales are currently online with no retail premises at present. Our head office is at the following address:
Tel: 07770 714488
If you have any questions or comments relating to the way your personal data is being or has been handled by us please get in touch with us either by phone, email or post to the Head Office address above.
3. Explaining our legal bases
By law we are required to explain the legal justification we have for collecting, storing and processing your personal data. For lawful processing, we rely on the following legal bases when we handle your personal data:
· Consent – For example, this means when you opt-in to receive email newsletters or special offers on our website. You can choose to withdraw this consent at any time either by getting in touch with us or by “unsubscribing” from the email messages we send you.
· Contract – Before you place an order from us, you are asked to accept our Terms and Conditions which then establish a contract between you and Daily Eco. In the contract, our agreement is to pack and deliver the goods you have ordered, by asking you for an address, a means of communicating with you electronically (phone/email), and payment for the products you order.
· Legal agreement – For example, we are not required and will not hold any credit card or other payment details. When you place an order with us your payment details go directly to the payment services provider (PSP) (either Sagepay or Paypal) who arrange the transfer of money from your account to ours. We are not able to access this information ourselves except if you choose to place an order by telephone, and in this case your payment details will be sent by us on your behalf to our PSP. Your payment details will then be permanently deleted.
4. When do we collect your personal data?
We only collect personal data from you when you give it to us when you interact with us on our website www.daily-eco.co.uk or when you give it to us by telephone.
The following examples describe the types of personal information we collect from you:
· when you create an online account with us on our website.
· when you place an online purchase using an existing account or as a guest such as transaction-based data.
· when you sign up to our newsletter.
· when you ask for a catalogue.
· when you contact us by any means with questions, comments or complaints.
Other instances where we collect data (technical) are: -
· your computers IP address.
5. What type of personal data do we ask you for?
· Your name and address.
· Your email address.
· Your payment card information to pay for your order. This information goes straight to our Payment Service Providers (Sagepay or Paypal). We do not see this information and neither do we store it.
· If you choose to, your landline or mobile phone number.
6. What type of additional data do we collect from you?
· We may collect purchase information to understand order and product value.
7. How is your personal data used?
We use your personal data to deliver the goods you have ordered from us and fulfil our contract with you. For this we ask you for your name, home address, telephone number and email address. Your home address so we can: -
· deliver your order to your selected delivery address
· check the viability of your chosen payment method and to prevent fraudulent transactions.
Your email address so we can:
· get in touch with you concerning your order.
· acknowledge receipt of your order.
· issue a confirmation of any refund you have requested has been returned to you.
· keeping in touch with you after subscribing to our newsletter or placing an order (you can unsubscribe to further emails sent by us).
· send to you a new edition of our catalogue.
· arrivals of new or seasonal product ranges.
And we ask for your phone number so we can: -
· get in touch with you about your order where necessary.
On occasion, we may need to send you updates to this Privacy Notice or product recall information. These email communications are required by law and do not need prior consent and will not include any marketing materials.
8. How we protect and keep safe your personal data
We understand the importance of data security and how much it matters to all our visitors and customers. With this in mind, we will treat your data with the utmost care and take all necessary and maximum steps to ensure it is protected.
We secure access to all transactional areas of our website using ‘https’ technology. Access to your personal data is password-protected, and sensitive data such as payment card information sent to our Payment Service Providers is secured by SSL encryption.
Our network partners and us regularly monitor our IT systems for possible vulnerabilities and system attacks. We continuously keep our systems up-to-date with the latest security updates.
9. How long do we keep your personal data?
When we collect or process your personal data, it is only kept for as long as is necessary to fulfil our contract with you. Your personal data is then completely deleted. We will no longer use your email addresses for promotional reasons two years following your last interaction with us. If you unsubscribe to our newsletters or marketing messages, your email address goes onto a suppression list where it will be permanently deleted.
10. Who do we share your personal data with?
· From time to time, we need to pass your personal data to a limited number of and trusted third parties to process your order or for consensual marketing materials. We do not intend to sell, rent or pass your personal data details to other companies for their own marketing purposes. Where we are required to share with other companies your data, we only do this as they need to carry out services to process your order. These are specified in our agreement with them. They too will comply with the requirements and standards of the General Data Protection Regulations and will only keep your personal data for a limited duration needed after which it will be completely deleted.
Here is a list of such third parties we work with:
· operational companies such as delivery couriers. We provide them with your name and address so they can deliver your order and with your email address as they may choose to inform you when the delivery is due.
· Payment Service Providers (PSPs) who receive the credit card or Paypal details you provide when placing an order. Daily Eco never see these details, but the PSPs will use them to transfer payment from your account to ours and to perform credit checking against lists of known fraudulently used cards.
· IT companies who support and maintain our website will also have access to data. Customer lists are normally held within the systems to which they have access, but they do not handle this data unless permitted by us.
11. Where we process your personal data
At Daily Eco we keep an account of all the customer personal data we hold on our own systems in Wiltshire.
12. What rights do you have over your personal data held by Daily Eco?
You have the right to ask:
· to view the personal data we hold about you.
· for us to modify and keep up-to-date your data.
· for us to delete any personal data we hold about you given that we still are not using them for invoices or for our marketing suppression lists.
· that we stop using your personal data for sending you marketing materials.
· the removal of any prior consent you may have given us to hold or use your personal data.
If you would like to get in touch with us regarding this Notice or to carry out any of the aforementioned requests you can write to us at Daily Eco, Kingsbury House, Kingsbury Square, Melksham, SN12 6HL, telephone us on 07770 714488 or email us at email@example.comFor security and privacy purposes, we will ask you to verify your identity before proceeding with any requests or modifications to your personal data.